In addition to being very easy to use, the Blomming shipping system offers excellent options and different configurations.
From the Settings > Shipments section, click ‘Add Shipment’.
To configure a new shipment, all you have to do is set:
- The title of the shipment, which is seen by the user;
- The delivery time;
- A value above which shipments will be free (this field is optional, you can leave it blank or enter ‘0’);
- If necessary, you can set a service fee should your shipment have a supplement for delivery to floors above the ground floor, porter service, etc. (this field is optional, you can leave it blank or enter ‘0’).
Then it will be possible to choose between different shipping methods. Let’s look at them here in greater detail.
1) Shipping based on the overall weight of the products in the shopping cart.
You can set weight intervals to determine shipping costs. Within a shipment, you can create difference price levels with the ‘+ add a level’ button.
Note: the system will consider the overall weight of the all the products in the shopping cart. Make sure you create a weight bracket that can contain multiple products.
2. Fixed shipping costs
You can set a fixed shipping fee.
3) Shipping costs based on receipt amount
In this case, you can set a fixed fee for each receipt total. For example:
- Up to €40.00 of products in the shopping cart = €10.00 shipping fees;
- up to €120.00 of products in the shopping cart = €5.00 shipping fees;
- Up to €1,000.00 of products in the shopping cart = € 0.00 shipping fees.
Attention! You will need to enter all your completed price levels even if you have set free shipping above a certain amount. For example, for free shipping for orders over €1,000.00, you will need to create a bracket much higher than €1,000.00 with the shipping fee of €0.00.
- Advanced shipping
You can add a ‘special’ shipping option, linked to a specific time frame, thanks to advanced shipping (for example, to make shipping free around Christmas or other holidays).
- Defining the areas to ship to
Lastly, for each shipping profile, you can set the country of reference. You can create multiple shipments for the same country. In this case, the customer will be given the option to choose among the ones compatible with his or her profile. Or you can create a profile with multiple countries: just select ‘create a geographic area’ with multiple countries selected.