With Blomming, you can create and manage menus and groups of links to add to your website, called navigation or menu lists.
To create a new custom menu, open the ‘Sales channels > E-commerce > Menu management’ from the dashboard and click ‘+ Add menu’. Menus can be used within your shop’s theme.
Now you need to fill in the required fields, entering the menu name and, if you want, a description of the menu itself.
Menus can be a group of links or sub-menus, so you have to indicate which elements will be part of your customised menu.
Click the ‘+ Add link to the menu’ to add a section to the menu. Use the ‘Link type’ menu to select the type of link you want to add:
- link to a page
- link to a blog post (always remember to add a label to the menu section, which will replace the title of the post in the menu)
- link to a category
- link to a product
- navigation menu (previously created)
For every option except URL (for which you have to enter the link), you will be shown a drop-down menu from which to select the element to associate to the menu, based on the type of link chosen.
A few common URL types may be useful when entering a URL:
- /blog - homepage of your blog
- /about-us - about us page
- /contact-us - contact page
There are a few special cases:
- Blog post: select a blog post from those available
- Page: select a page from those created from ‘Sales channels > E-commerce > Pages’. By default, subpages will appear by default on the site.
Menus cannot be used in multiple languages: you have to create a different menu for each language.
Menus can be set from ‘Sales channels > E-commerce > Theme > Customise’ from the sections in which the option is available. For example, there may be settings of this type in which you are asked to select a main menu for the website in Italian and another in English (clicking the English flag at the bottom of the theme settings).